🎤 Events and meetups
As a Status core contributor, you may have the opportunity to speak at or attend external online or in-person events.
The community is an essential part of the Web3 ecosystem. Ecosystem, domain-specific, and internal events and meetups are networking and growth opportunities. And we strongly encourage you to be part of them!
Here you'll find helpful information to make the most out of organising, speaking, or attending events.
What events does Status sponsor
Status will sponsor and cover the costs for any online or in-person event with a clear purpose. That means it must align with our company's strategy and goals. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ecosystem events such as DevCon, ETH[city], ETHCC, Hackathons, blockchain weeks, etc.
- Domain-specific events for your role for career purposes.
- Events and meetups to promote Status to potential new core contributors.
- Internal events and meetups to prepare a product/project launch or work together.
- Moderating or speaking opportunities related to Status.
✨ Remember that when you're at an event, you're an ambassador for Status’ project and everyone who shares our values. Don't forget that and spread the word! Who knows who's listening and might contribute to or join Status thanks to you 🙂
💡Before attending an event, ask your Talent Partner to generate a QR code for the Status job page that you can share with anyone interested.
How to communicate an event
The events and travel budgets come from your project's budget. As a first step, you should check with your project lead about the event or meetup.
As per our transparency and resourcefulness principles, we ask everyone to post their event plans and goals to Discuss or the #travel-requests channel in Status app. The post should include:
- Event details: where, when, who's attending, one line about the event.
- Whether or not Status is an official sponsor and why.
- What are the goals of attending the event and a project brief, if it makes sense.
- Who you'll need support from the project for design, comms, documentation, etc.
- Anything else you consider relevant!
Here's an event post example.
If it falls outside your project's budget
Submit the request in the #travel-requests channel and tag (as cc) your project lead. From there, your project lead can give a simple 👍 to confirm the request makes sense or ask additional questions; and People Ops & Finance can ask any necessary questions or suggest adjustments.
👉 Check out Travelling for Status for commute and accommodation guidelines if you need to travel for the event.